Coal and Other Stratified Deposits
Coal and other stratified deposits are distinct from hard rock, with their own set of unique challenges. With mining commodities such as coal, large volumes of earth need to be moved and processed economically. To do this effectively, tools that are designed specifically for the unique characteristics of layered deposits are required.
GEOVIA’s software and technical services solutions provide you with the tools and capabilities you need to model and interpret geology, design, schedule, survey, and manage production all the way through to final product.
With GEOVIA’s software you will find a wide variety of compelling benefits which will enable you to take your mining projects to the next level of productivity by:
- Leveraging GEOVIA Minex™, the world’s only integrated end-to-end software, specifically designed for stratified deposits.
- Managing borehole data, connecting with ease to corporate databases.
- Accurately modelling and interpreting deposits.
- Constructing entire models, including seam floor, thickness, quality, and other surfaces in minutes.
- Modelling faulted deposits with greater ease.
- Optimising pit designs to unlock maximum profitability.
- Employing powerful and easy to use pit and ramp design tools allow manual or automatic generation of pits or dumps.
- Creating robust, economical, and easy to mine production schedules.
- Reporting on production.
- Managing production from the mine, trucking, plant, stockpiling, processing, to final product.
- Identifying production and equipment problems that would otherwise remain hidden.
- Improving alignment between planned and actual production.
- Planning the construction and rehabilitation of final landforms.
- GEOVIA Minex™ – The only integrated end-to-end software specifically designed for stratified deposits. Minex fully integrates all aspects of mining from exploration through rehabilitation.
- GEOVIA Hub™ – Provides secure remote collaboration that organises, centralises and enables the reliable sharing of exploration, planning, and production data over low-bandwidth connections.
- GEOVIA InSite™ – Gives mining operations the tools and real-time data needed to improve production management from the mine to final product.
When you don’t have the time, or in-house resources are stretched to the limit and there isn’t budget for additional staff, GEOVIA helps you get your projects done. With expertise in the use and implementation of GEOVIA’s software, our services team works collaboratively with you to ensure you understand each step of the project, giving you confidence in the results and in your ability to work with the data when it’s complete. Our mining professionals provide cost-effective and timely services, including:
- Sections and plotting generation.
- Economic analysis and optimisation.
- Geological interpretation and modelling.
- Geostatistical analysis and interpretation.
- Resource modelling.
- Mine design.
- And more…